On Education, let’s invest more wisely in young people: university students are being ripped off with high fees often for just online learning. Many degree courses could be done in 2 years not 3 years, which would save students many thousands of pounds.
- We would scrap interest rates on student loans and extend the capital repayment period, which will improve the debt recovery rate.
- We would introduce a new workable apprenticeship scheme. We have to be honest that many young people would be better learning whilst in work rather than accruing debt at university.
- Our schools and pupils need better technology to give them the best chances as we help prepare them for life. Covid has changed so much. Our children learn best in school and never again must we shut them, forcing children to learn from home for weeks on end.
- Schools must focus on the basics of teaching every child to read and write.
- Teachers must be free to teach pupils how to think, not what to think, without fear of the woke police or religious persecution.
Do you like this page?